Steps to Incorporating your New Jersey Business Online
Incorporating your business seems like a complicated task to everyone the first time they look at the process. It needn’t be. Fact is, you could be be incorporating yourself in the next few minutes here and have your confirmation from New Jersey state within a couple days.
What is the Process of Incorporating?
1. Decide what type of business you want to start, if you haven’t already.
2. Choose a type of corporate entity for your business.
If you want the business to be a non-profit there is a non-profit form here online that you can fill out. If you want a for profit corporation you can choose between these corporation types:
B.) Subchapter S
C.) LLC (Limited Liability Company)
The Subchapter S corporation or “S-Corp” is just a type of profit corporation with special benefits. You can incorporate as a profit corporation first and later apply to the IRS who can award your business with the Subchapter S designation.
LLC’s are becoming very popular lately, and they are the most recent type of business entity to appear on the scene. Most of our customers are either LLC or Subchapter S incorporators.
3. Fill out one of our online incorporation forms, send it, and fill out the payment information and send it.
When we receive your application we’ll look it over for completeness, grammar, viability and obvious spelling mistakes. We’ll check to see if your corporate name is available in New Jersey. Once your business application passes our examination we’ll send it on to the state of New Jersey with our secure account. If not, we’ll notify you that some changes are needed.
At this time we send you a confirmation that your payment has been processed and give you the information for obtaining your EIN and Subchapter S from the IRS – if you need it.
4. Once the state of New Jersey receives your electronic application filed through our secure account they will review it for accuracy and notify you of any problems with your application or they will approve it in a couple days and send you confirmation by email.
5. Once you have confirmation your business was registered with the state of New Jersey you can use the information we provided you for obtaining your EIN (Employer Tax Identification Number) and/or Subchapter S designation from the IRS. Both of these are very simple to apply for and your EIN can even be given over the phone while speaking with an IRS representative.
Not that difficult, agreed?
The most difficulty is in choosing what type of corporation you want to incorporate as. There is a lot of information about this subject online and simple Google searches can turn up good information.
If you have any questions about the process feel free to give us a call at our toll free number: 888-905-7380.